Speed Up My Job Search

Prioritization – Alerts and their order of response based on todays trends

• After completing the prepare section,

I am now scheduled to a minimum of two networking sessions per week….
    EG: St Huberts, Holy Family, JDNG, NSENG, ENG based on nights and weekend

I am associated with a minimum of 40 Niche groups

I have 600+ contacts

I have alerts set up for companies I truly want to work for….(level 1)

I have generic alerts set up (dice, career builder, indeed…etc)

I have linked in alerts set up by job in chicagoland.

I have speedupmyjob search opportunities

I have a handbill

I have a tell me about yourself letter (5 beats Daily weekly goals section) integrated

I have business cards

I have a cover letter and resume

i have 1 unique workstation

i have the debrief/comparative offer documents and questions)

I think, I know where my fear factor comes from

So, I guess I have foundation to start a job search (pending resume section)

Staying at a black and white level, my questions are:

(1) I am going to have alerts from linkedin, true company sites, Ides, job boards, job
    aggregators
    * How should I prioritize the alert response (true company, linkedin new, Ides, job board,
    jobaggregators) — my assumption is that these may all be cold sends

(2) Based on the aforementioned condition, If there is a phone number jot it down and
    attempt a connect the next day? Hi Just wanted to make certain you received

(3) Personal contacts from networking or groups naturally take precedence over alerts

(4) I assume the best time to reach out to someone via the phone will be first thing in the
    morning, lunch or late afternoon

(5) Dont focus on anyjob, focus on the right job, right company for yourself…What you
    consider a level 1 position.

Paul Cameron
    Keymaster

Great job Mike! You’ve been putting in the work to build the foundation you need for a quick search. Very well done.

To you questions:
    1, looking through an email with a list of leads shouldn’t take long, regardless of the source, so skim them looking for the best fits.
    2, Yes, jot down the phone number, but no, don’t wait until the next day…depending on when you find the lead, see answer #4.
    3, Yes, personal referrals and contacts take precedence over reviewing alerts, but again, they shouldn’t take that long to look through so find time to skim through them when you can.
    4, Remember the call schedule we talked about: 1st calls between 11am and 12pm, 2nd calls between 4pm and 5pm, and 3rd calls between 8am and 9am. Go to the JDNG Archive under the Resources tab above and look for my presentation on Calling Employers. I not only give the script like in the Search section of the site, but I also go through the schedule and follow up timing.
    5, Be careful not to prejudge every position. From the surface it might not look perfect, but once you get to know more about it and what they can offer, you might be surprised at what it can turn into!

I have always looked for a 97% or higher (Dream Job / Skill Set) Match will keep this in mind

Be careful not to prejudge every position. From the surface it might not look perfect, but once you get to know more about it and what they can offer, you might be surprised at what it can turn into!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.