Speed Up My Job Search

LinkedIn publishing

• Hi Paul, thanks for reading my question. Today I published an article on LinkedIn, of course being the author, I think it is wonderfully written and relevant. What are the risks of LinkedIn publishing and are these articles helpful or harmful to my search?

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/professional-services-key-performance-indicators-action-bryan-davis/

Paul Cameron
    Keymaster

Thanks for sharing. The biggest risks to publishing on LinkedIn, or any platform for that matter, are completely within your own control, so they really aren’t that big of a risk, which are, showing a lack of attention to detail by filling it with typos, or hitting on a controversial subject that might divide you from a potential employer. I don’t see any of that in your article.

The upside of publishing far outweighs the risks. You can quickly make yourself known as a expert and exposure that you wouldn’t ordinarily get. Plus, in LinkedIn you could potentially get put into their “Pulse” newsletter and tons of exposure. I was posting in there regularly for a while and each of my articles just got a couple hundred views, but one day they put me in the Pulse and that article had over 4,000 in the first couple hours. It was incredible. I’m not sure how to do that again intentionally, I wish I did, but if we just continue to publish then our chances increase. You can’t win if you don’t play, as they say. 🙂

Great, question, thanks.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.