Speed Up My Job Search

Completed Prepare Section / Questions

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated by .
  • Creator
    Topic
    Paddy

Once again great information and tools….especially the debrief (def a value add) likewise the 5 beats, and whats going on at the company (recruitment) and the tell me about your self…hooking into all of it (indirectly)….

Its almost like you have to be a symphony conductor to bring all of the pieces together.
      its a challenge. to make sense of all of it, I did a bubble chart…listing the areas and integration / overlapping points and areas of focus….

Since I am treating all of this as one…large process are there any areas that I should keep separate and distinct

Eg: Company Basic – Company Hiring – Positional Requirements – Tell me about yourself (aligning to what you truly do) and the position (to make you likeable) and the five beats
      open question, position interest, closing questions (job questions) business cards
      and next steps…… Debrief (will be an important tool) now I see why…as well as
      using the weighing the offer as part of the process….

Because I guess we are interviewing them too ???????

As for fear factor……………..Is it fear, Is it wanting to have a position, Is it unprepared, is it the hiring managers persona (connecting)…. Is it maybe better to go in to it knowing your prepared (pre-interview sheet), you’ve done your homework, your ready to interview, present, sell yourself and enter a legit discussion about the position… with someone who wants to truly hire you….

I have been in the consulting arena for the past four years with my goal being full time employment (that is where I have been professionally through out my career and that is my mindset)… trust me when I say the two worlds are different…..

During this time, I have done my homework (not to the detail outlined here) but enough
      homework…and yet I felt like I was begging for a job (fear)

I have had interviews which have been insane to put it mildly (increasing the fear)
      the (debrief/weighing offer) may be of value before hand as well for questions…..

• Replies
      • Yes, there are a lot of moving parts, but once you have an awareness about them all then you can incorporate a strategy in each area, which it appears you’re doing.

You ARE interviewing them as much as they are interviewing you, but it’s essential they don’t feel that way. If you give them the impression that they might not be good enough for you during the interview, you’ll hurt your chances significantly.

I’ve said that in social media forums before and gotten some upset feedback, so I’ll explain. Yes, you DO have to evaluate them, and I understand that you don’t want to look desperate, which is a fine line. Here’s what I’m referring to: from a very over simplified psychological perspective, if you’re the hiring manager, and you have two finalists to choose from, one says he would love the opportunity to work for you and position sounded great, and the other person said he would take the job but only if you can show him it will keep him challenged.

Who would you be more excited to hire? Or from the opposite perspective, who would you feel better about rejecting? (or who would be easier to reject?) Hiring Manager are just job seekers who happen to have jobs, they’re people, and they react to situations the same way you do.

I hope that helps.

• Who would you be more excited to hire? Or from the opposite perspective, who would you feel better about rejecting? (or who would be easier to reject?) Hiring Manager are just job seekers who happen to have jobs, they’re people, and they react to situations the same way you do.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.