Inglesa “Lesa” Toney
I am a telecommunication management professional with an extensive background in the industry that covers voice, data, and network design, maintenance and installation. Proficient in various systems including NETPRO, WAFA, ACIS, AOTS, UPI, ITS, ITEMS, TCOMS, NMT, SOTS, TIRKS,
WATSOP, FEDI, SSIRS, SMS, POCITS, BASIC8, Remedy, LNP, NPAC, as well as SONET ring provisioning and maintenance. I have strong leadership, organizational and problem-solving skills with significant experience in project management for large scale technical projects for high end Global clients.
Comcast Corporate Business, Naperville, IL
Sr. Manager National Network Surveillance
- Successfully opened and staffed a Network Surveillance NOC in Denver, CO. increasing company revenue by securing more high-profile client contracts.
- Established a positive work environment that improved office morale resulting in high work performance and employee “buy in”.
- Increased customer contract SLA adherence by 6% within the first 6 months in this position, while maintaining operational budget.
- Developed and implemented NOC and Fraud Surveillance policies and procedures.
- Performed expert Incident management and customer escalation handling.
- Managed the customer Fraud team that monitored telephony fraud, credits and detection of phone hacks nationally.
- Provided management supervision and leadership, including feedback, coaching, performance appraisals, technical training and management development.
- Managed multiple teams responsible for network troubleshooting, outage detection and resolution, and the overall improvement of operational efficiencies nationally, while ensuring the team followed proper policies and procedures, customer notification and escalations of network equipment outages,
- Developed and implemented appropriate timing, scheduling and specific procedures for revision/conversion of departmental tasks, functions and procedures that support the end-to-end process structure.
- Established disaster recovery and business continuity guidelines as well as ongoing support to operating centers.
AT&T, Chicago, IL
Manager Construction and Engineering
08/2010 – 09/2016
- Worked in a project manager capacity responsible for supervising
day to day construction activities such as placing, splicing, rearrangement and removal of copper and fiber Outside Plant facilities.
- Ensured that work processes, standards and master plans were in conformance, and schedules were adhered to.
- Scheduled staff appropriate to workload and analyzed previous workload trends to make necessary adjustments.
- Coached technicians on a changing competitive environment, new technical practices and customer contact skills while maintaining a 92% on time order completion success rate.
- Expert in ability to articulate performance impacts through the use of daily performance tracking data.
- Interfaced with various entities of the company including Engineering, outside vendors, internal suppliers and their Tier support counterparts to resolve reoccurring and chronic situations.
AT&T, White Plains, NY
Manager of Network Operations
09/2006 – 08/2010
- Relocated to New York to lead a project that opened AT&T’ s very first NOC responsible for incident management support for local services after the merge of SBC and AT&T at the White Plains, NY Consumer Maintenance Center.
- Restructured the NOC to take on the responsibility of local services Incident management, Network Repair, Network Augmentation, and Customer Provisioning activities for the company’s high-profile customer’s high capacity digital data networks.
- Developed and implemented a cross functional training program to train occupational and management employees on effective monitoring and maintenance of digital networks and equipment.
- Balanced workforce load and staffing for a 24hr office.
- Proficient in both CWA and IBEW local union agreements.
- Provided quarterly and yearly appraisals, administered and instituted performance plans based on monthly tracked data.
- Remained current on Network services, hardware and test system upgrades and changes.
- Worked in a Green belt capacity on the Global Customer Care Maintenance Chronic Six Sigma project and successfully reduced chronic reoccurring tickets by 36%.
SBC, Chicago, IL
BA, Telecommunications Management
DePaul University, Chicago, IL
Certified Six Sigma Green Belt, Agile-PMP certification